Oh my oh my. Have you ever created something by accident that was just totally the best thing you have ever made?! Well this week that actually happened TWICE to me, aside from this amazing burger recipe I made a sweet treat which I will share with you in another post later this week. BUT FOR NOW HOLY COW … actually no cow, all plants 😉
The most delicious at home burgers ever. A blend of whole foods such as rice, tofu and chickpeas, smashed together with paprika, onion and coriander, sprinkled with salt and pepper and just a touch of BBQ sauce. Yum. This recipe takes just 5 minutes to prepare and 25 to cook … perfect burgers in 30 minutes. Fast food much?
- 1 X 240G tin chickpeas in water
- 1/2 block tofu (roughly 150-200g)
- 4 chillies
- 1/2 pack microwave rice (approx 125g cooked rice – I used mexican flavoured rice, see video below)
- Good dash each of paprika, coriander, salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp bbq sauce
- Burger buns
- Blend together the first 6 ingredients until a chunky mixture forms, do not over blend to mush, keep some bite in it
- Form into burger patties and place on a tray to cook at 180 degrees fan oven for 15 minutes, flip halfway and cook another 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven, place in buns, layering with salsa and salad
- Feel free to get creative with different toppings such as hummus, guac, veg, etc etc!