Zahtar Tofu with Fragrant Rice
Hello everyone! Welcome back to Naturallystefanie.com. I hope you have all had a good week and are ready for the weekend … I know I am! I am bringing you a super healthy and tasty meal for you to try over this hopefully sunny weekend, Zahtar Tofu with fragrant rice in collaboration with HelloFresh! HelloFresh have launched a Flavour Generator which will help bring you some tasty new food ideas! https://blog.hellofresh.co.
The HelloFresh Flavour Generator allows you to pick your cuisine of choice and then a flavour such as spicy, tangy, sweet etc! The generator then outputs an amazing recipe that I bet you have never thought of yourself! I opted for middle Eastern and spicy and it came out with this Zahtar Tofu and rice! Well the recipe actually called for Salmon but I veganized it and made tofu instead! The generator is a great tool and highly convenient when you just do not know what to make! I will definitely be using it in the future for new recipe inspiration 🙂
Check out the recipe below!
1 unit(s) Courgette
175 grams Basmati Rice
350 milliliter(s) Water
1 unit(s) Vegetable Stock Pot
1.5 tsp Lemon
- Remove the top and bottom from the courgette. Cut the courgette into four long strips. Chop each strip into 1cm chunks. Peel and grate the garlic
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add a splash of oil. When the oil is hot, add your courgette and cook for 3 mins. Add your garlic and cook for 1 minute more before adding the basmati rice. Stir to coat your rice in the garlicky oil.
- Add the water (amount specified in the ingredient list) to the pan along with the vegetable stock pot and bring to the boil. Stir to make sure your stock pot dissolves. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium, pop the lid on and cook for 10 mins.
- Whilst your rice cooks, get on with the rest of your prep. Place the TOFU on a foil lined baking tray and sprinkle over half of the zahtar spice. Use your hands to make sure the zahtar spice is evenly spread over each salmon fillet. Season each TOFU SLICE with a pinch of salt and keep to one side. Preheat your grill to its highest setting.
- When your rice has been cooking for 10 mins, remove the pan from the heat, pop in the baby spinach and put the lid back on. Leave the pan to one side for 10 mins. The steam in the pan will finish cooking your rice and wilt your spinach.
- Zest and juice the lemon. Mix the remaining zahtar spice with a pinch of lemon zest and 1 tbsp of oil per person. Season with a pinch of salt and stir well.Finish your rice by mixing through the ground coriander. Taste and season with salt and black pepper if you feel it needs it. Add a dash of lemon juice and a pinch of lemon zest if it needs a bit of zing!
- Serve your TOFU on top of a bed of your fragrant rice and finish with a drizzle of your zahtar dressing. Enjoy!