What do some people say they can never give up and go vegan? Usually I hear the eggs and cheese excuse. Don’t get me wrong, I ate my fair share of both of these back in my day but as a vegan I have been “forced” to make healthier, cholesterol free options. And guess what … THEY TASTE SO DAMN GOOD!
2 -3 chillies (optional)
2 cloves garlic
1 x 400g package tofu,
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon fine black salt, plus extra for sprinkling
1/2 cup chickpea flour
Kale to taste
Vegan cheese (optional)
1 tablespoon arrowroot or cornstarch
- Chop up the garlic and chillies, add the tofu, olive oil, turmeric and salt to a blender and puree until smooth. Add the chickpea flour and cornstarch and puree again for about 10 seconds, until combined. Make sure to scrape down the sides so that everything is well incorporated.
- Preheat a large, heavy bottomed, non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Make sure that you use a large pan, as you need room to spread out the omelet and to get your spatula under there to flip.
- Pour over stir fried onion, kale and pepper
- When browning at the sides add vegan cheese and then flip over carefully (this is tricky! – see video)
- Once cooked through, add to plate with breakfast salad or potatoes!